Be a part of our world changing effort
If you are considering making a gift to UNA-Canada, thank you for your generosity. Each gift, no matter how big or small, will strengthen our efforts to advance peace, prosperity and justice around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between a member and a donor?
- How does my gift help?
- Other commonly asked questions
Below are some of the many ways you can support YOUR UNA-Canada…
Make a One-time Donation
A general donation supports national programmes and will be used wherever the need is greatest. By making a donation you can support the mission and activities of the United Nations Association in Canada. Click here for more information on the range of UNA-Canada initiatives.
Join / Renew
Becoming a member of UNA-Canada comprises many benefits, including:
- A Global Citizenship card
- Membership in one of our regional Branches
- Invitations to local events and activities, organized by your Branch
- The opportunity to participate in, and vote at, Branch Annual General Meetings
- The opportunity to participate in national Annual General Meetings
- The option to become active as a UNA-Canada volunteer
UNA-Canada has no set annual membership fee because we believe that all Canadians should have the opportunity to become members, regardless of their financial situation.
Become a Monthly Donor
Many of our supporters have asked how they can help the most. The “Ambassador’s Circle” monthly giving programme is the answer. Your monthly donations provide cost-effective, predictable and steady funding for ongoing programmes, twelve months of the year. With your help we can tackle complex global issues, implement long-term solutions, and better respond to immediate crises.
Planned giving provides you with the opportunity to decide where your hard-earned assets go. Making or revising your will or other estate plans to include UNA-Canada can have a tremendous and wonderful impact on our future, and will help us build a better world for future generations.
Become a Friend of the Charter
Our Friends of the Charter programme honours Canadians who have contributed $1,000 or more at one time to UNA-Canada in a given year.
In addition to the rights given to all supporters, each new Friend of the Charter:
- will receive a unique lapel pin that can be worn with pride;
- will have the option of being publicly recognized on our website and in our annual reports; and
will be celebrated as a Friend of the Charter for life.
Special Occasion & Memorial Giving
Tribute and memorial gifts are a wonderful way for you to honour someone on a special occasion; to express your support, respect, gratitude or love to someone special in your life; or to honour the memory of a loved one. They are unique and thoughtful gifts that also support the United Nations Association in Canada.
This content is also available in: Anglais