Generation SDG – Youth Action on the SDGs is a “youth to youth” service initiative, funded by Employment and Social Development Canada, with the goal to activate civic engagement through the creation of volunteer projects that promote meaningful service opportunities in Eastern Ontario. Together, a cadre of talented young Canadians from diverse gender, cultural, abilities, and socio-economic backgrounds will raise awareness, generate empathy, and take action to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 in their local communities.
APPLY TODAY TO BE AN SDG AMBASSADOR!
SDG Ambassadors will partake in 4 immersive 3-day training sessions between June 2019 – February 2020. Alongside these overnight retreats, they will activate their knowledge on the SDGs as they create sustainable initiatives that respond to pressing issues identified in their Canadian communities. The concluding event will be a celebratory summit to showcase projects created by the SDG Ambassadors and 600 of their peers.
Please note, applicant must be:
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee between 15 -17 years of age;
- Living in Eastern Ontario (National Capital and surround regions).
Why become an SDG Ambassador?
1. Participate in 4 interactive training retreats – SDG Ambassadors will attend four weekend training retreats that cover information pertaining to the SDGs, their related targets and indicators, the ideas and values behind volunteer service.
2. Become an Entrepreneur and learn to develop your project for the good of all – Following the first training, SDG Ambassadors will begin serving their communities by conducting community research and developing their own youth-led service projects.
3. Mentorship – SDG Ambassadors will be paired with talented alumni from various UNA-Canada programs, including Green Spaces, Canada Green Corps, International Development & Diplomacy Internship Programme, Building Young Entrepreneurs, and Active Citizens. Using guidance from their experienced mentors, SDG Ambassadors will learn how to start and maintain a community project.
4. Get connected to the SDG Dashboard – SDG Ambassadors will use an online dashboard to stay connected throughout the project. This dashboard will provide resources and allow them to become familiarize with all the service initiatives being developed.
5. The SDG Summit – The concluding event for Generation SDG will be a one-day immersive summit, which will showcase and celebrate the initiatives developed by the SDG Ambassadors. The summit will bring the 60 SDG Ambassadors together with over 600 of their peers for peer-to-peer SDG training.
STAY UPDATED ON OUR
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity. Click here to learn more about SDGs.
This content is also available in French