IDDIP Summer 2018
Twitter: @UNACIDDIP | Facebook: @UNACIDDIP | Instagram: @UNAC_IDDIP
The Summer Call for IDDIP Applications is now closed
(Fall applications will open in August 2018)
Email inquiries regarding the application process can be sent to IDDIP’s Project Officer, [email protected]
UNA-Canada seeks candidates who:
- Are Canadian citizens or permanent residents and legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Are a graduate of a post-secondary institution with a degree or diploma from a university, college, post-secondary school of technology, post-secondary institute of College d’enseignement general et professional (Cegep)*;
- Have a proven interest in international development/affairs**;
- Would be accepted to the programme by both UNA-Canada and the UN host organization following a suitability interview;
- Must be between the ages of 19-30 at the time of final selection.
Please note: Applicants who have previously participated in a Government of Canada International Youth Internship programme may not participate again.
*Post-secondary graduates who are still enrolled in post-secondary studies cannot claim credits for their project.
** The Programme accepts applicants from many disciplines including: international affairs (relations), peacekeeping and peace building, political science, economics, history, women’s studies, public policy, geography, environmental studies, education, anthropology, sociology, law, the sciences, engineering, languages, etc. Applicants should demonstrate that they have an active interest in the work of the United Nations and UN-related issues.
UNA-Canada aims to confirm all successful applications by May 24th, 2018.
Successful applicants will be required to travel to Ottawa for a mandatory five-day pre-departure training session.* Then, applicants will deploy to their respective UN Agencies in 1-2 days immediately after the pre-departure session, from Ottawa. The pre-departure training session is tentatively scheduled for August 13-17th, 2018.
*If you cannot attend the mandatory pre-departure training session August 13-17th, 2018, please do not apply. No exceptions made.
- Complete the online Application Form, preferably listing your top three placement locations based on those listed on this website;
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your application;
- Following an initial application screening, UNA-Canada will contact you by phone for a suitability interview. If your application proceeds, you will then be called to schedule a more formal interview;
- UNA-Canada will match your skills and interests with one of our UN Agency assignments;
- The selected UN Agency will request an interview with you directly;
- UNA-Canada and the selected UN Agency will discuss your application and interview(s) and determine acceptance to the programme;
- Briefing session and pre-departure logistics/assistance;
- Completion of the placement;
- Debriefing and continued job-search support.